The “PH-1400”, pH analyzer provides accurate pH measurement in the titanium dioxide pigment production process. In titanium dioxide production pH is a crucial measurement. Our analyzers delivers accurate measurements throughout the sulphate process and in the finishing stage in the chlorine process.
The product quality is improved, the yield is increased and the overdosing of the reagents is eliminated.
The problem is that other pH measuring systems require frequent calibration, have low accuracy and short lifetime of the electrodes.
Systems with retractable electrodes have low accuracy, the lifetime of the electrodes are short, the lifetime of the mechanic system is short - reliability is a problem and it is cumbersome to calibrate the measurements.
The main causes of the problems, low accuracy and the requirement of frequent calibration, is poisoning of the reference electrode and build-up of a layer of coating from the complex process solution on the pH electrode.
Our PH-1400 analyzer has high accuracy, very long long-term accuracy and the lifetime of the electrodes are very long, many months or even years. The reference electrode is never poisoned and the pH electrode surface is kept clean by an advanced cleaning system. Our analyzer do not require frequent calibration.
Other systems require frequent calibrations. However this only disguise the problem, the problem of low accuracy persists. A short lifetime of the electrodes or combination electrode is a symptom of low average accuracy, making process optimization impossible.
Modes of operation:
- Normal: The instrument is running continuously.
- For batch processes: A Modbus start command or a 24 volt signal starts the analyzers and the analyzer runs continuously until a stop command or a 0 volt signal is received, then the current cycle is finished, and the analyzer stops.
- Fixed intervals; the instrument executes one cycle for instance every 10 minutes.
- On demand, a Modbus command or 24 volt pulse executes one cycle.
The following properties distinguish our analyzer from other known technology:
1. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyzer or the electrodes, very low-maintenance.
2. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
3. Very long life of the electrodes, it is not possible to get high long-term accuracy without long electrode life.
4. Other systems require frequent calibration and still is not accurate . Our analyzer gives high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
5. It is fast and easy to calibrate the analyzer, there is no sample head which must be dismantled for calibration.
6. It is easy to install the analyzer and normally no encroachment in the process equipment is needed.