“PH-1600” and “PH-1400”, unique on-line pH analyzers for the fertilizer production processes.
The “PH-1600”, pH analyzer dilutes the sample and measures the pH of saturated or near saturated solutions in fertilizer production plants. Saturated solutions have profound influence on the pH electrode response. For this reason dilution of the process fluids before measurement is a necessity. It is the only analyzer that provide measurements with high and very long long-term accuracy in saturated solutions. The “PH-1400”, pH analyzer is for non saturated solutions.
The analyzers have very good long-term accuracy and do not require frequent calibrations.
The problem is that other pH measuring systems have low accuracy and short lifetime of the electrodes.
The main causes of the problems are poisoning of the reference electrode and build-up of a layer of coating from the process solution on the pH electrode.
Our PH-1600 and PH-1400 analyzers have high accuracy and the lifetime of the electrodes are very long, many months or even years. The reference electrode is never poisoned and the pH electrode surface is kept clean by an advanced cleaning system.
Other systems require frequent calibrations. However this only disguise the problem, the problem of low accuracy persists. A short lifetime of the electrodes or combination electrode is a symptom of low average accuracy, making process optimization impossible.
Function, “PH-1600” and “PH-1400”:
The PH-1600 is an automatic pH analyzer with a sophisticated system for cleaning of the electrodes. The pH value of the solution is measured discontinuously. Since the cycle time is very short, the measurement can be used as a continuous measurement. The cycle takes 1-3 minutes, if frequent measurements are not needed the sample interval can be increased.
The cycle has the following steps:
1. The analyzer sucks up a sample from the process.
2. The PH-1600 analyzer dilutes the sample using hot or cold water, but preferably a little hotter or the same temperature as the process solution. The PH-1400 analyzer omits this step.
3. The pH is measured.
4. The sample is returned to the process.
5. The analyzer suck up a fixed amount of washing detergent, most often an acid.
6. The electrodes are sprayed with this solution.
7. After a pause the electrodes are sprayed with hot water.
8. The washing water is returned to the process and the cycles starts again with step one.
Step number 5 and 6 can be omitted or set to execute only at some cycles, for instance every tenth cycle.
The following properties distinguish our analyzer from other known technology:
1. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyzer or the electrodes, very low-maintenance.
2. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
3. Very long life of the electrodes, it is not possible to get high long-term accuracy without long electrode life.
4. Other systems require frequent calibration and still is not accurate . Our analyzer gives high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
5. It is fast and easy to calibrate the analyzer, there is no sample head which must be dismantled for calibration.
6. It is easy to install the analyzer and normally no encroachment in the process equipment is needed.