The “PH-1400”, pH analyzer and the “ORP-1400”, REDOX analyzer delivers accurate measurements in the cobalt production process. Our analyzers are used in the processing of African Copper Belt copper-cobalt ores and in the cobalt purification process in hydrochloric nickel processing plants.
Accurate pH and ORP measurements are very important in the processing of copper-cobalt ores and in the purification process of cobalt in the hydrochloric plants. The yield is increased and the overdosing of the precipitation reagents is eliminated.
The problem is that other pH measuring systems have low accuracy and short lifetime of the electrodes.
The main causes of the problems are poisoning of the reference electrode and build-up of a layer of coating from the complex process solution on the pH electrode.
Our PH-1400 analyzer has high accuracy and the lifetime of the electrodes are very long, many months or even years. The reference electrode is never poisoned and the pH electrode surface is kept clean by an advanced cleaning system.
Other systems require frequent calibrations. However this only disguise the problem, the problem of low accuracy persists. A short lifetime of the electrodes or combination electrode is a symptom of low average accuracy, making process optimization impossible.
The following properties distinguish our analyzers from other known technology:
1. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyzer or the electrodes, very low-maintenance.
2. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
3. Very long life of the electrodes, it is not possible to get high long-term accuracy without long electrode life.
4. Other systems require frequent calibration and still is not accurate . Our analyzer gives high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
5. It is fast and easy to calibrate the analyzer, there is no sample head which must be dismantled for calibration.
6. It is easy to install the analyzer and normally no encroachment in the process equipment is needed.