The “PH-1500” pH analyzer is used to maximize the hydrochloric acid leaching efficiency in the chlorine leaching processes and to control and optimize the cobalt purification process.
These processes are difficult or impossible to control with accuracy with conventional pH analyzers. The problem is that other pH measuring systems have low accuracy and short lifetime of the electrodes. The main causes of the problems are poisoning of the reference electrode and build-up of a layer of coating from the complex solutions on the pH electrode.
Our PH-1500 analyzer has high accuracy, very long long-term accuracy and the lifetime of the electrodes are very long, many months or even years. The reference electrode is never poisoned and the pH electrode surface is kept clean by an advanced cleaning system.
Other systems require frequent calibrations, however, this only disguise the problem, the problem of low accuracy persists. A short lifetime of the electrodes or combination electrode is a symptom of low average accuracy, making process optimization impossible.
The following properties distinguish our analyzer from other known technology:
1. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyzer or the electrodes, very low-maintenance.
2. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
3. Very long life of the electrodes, it is not possible to get high long-term accuracy without long electrode life.
4. Other systems require frequent calibration and are still not accurate. Our analyzer gives high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
5. It is fast and easy to calibrate the analyzer, there is no sample head which must be dismantled for calibration.
6. It is easy to install the analyzer and normally no encroachment in the process equipment is needed.