The “PH-1400”, the pH analyzer for the pH control of the processes in the hydrometallurgical zinc industry.
The neutralization process and the jarosite process are impossible to control with accuracy with conventional pH analyzers.
In the hydrometallurgical zinc industry the temperatures are high, the solids content are high and the solutions are complex with high ionic strength. Accurate pH measurements are very important in the processing of zinc concentrate. Accurate pH measurements increases the production capacity, reduces the energy costs, increases the yield and reduces the overdosing of the additives.
The problem is that other pH measuring systems have low accuracy and short lifetime of the electrodes.
The main causes of the problems are poisoning of the reference electrode and build-up of a layer of coating from the neutralization or precipitation process on the pH electrode.
Our PH-1400 analyzer has high accuracy and the lifetime of the electrodes are very long, many months or even years. The reference electrode is never poisoned and the pH electrode surface is kept clean by an advanced cleaning system.
Other systems require frequent calibrations. However this only disguise the problem, the problem of low accuracy persists. A short lifetime of the electrodes or combination electrode is a symptom of low average accuracy, making process optimization impossible. Systems with retractable electrodes have low accuracy, the lifetime of the electrodes are short, the lifetime of the mechanic system is short - reliability is a problem, and it is cumbersome to calibrate the measurements.
The following properties distinguish our analyzer from other known technology:
1. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyzer or the electrodes, very low-maintenance.
2. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
3. Very long life of the electrodes, it is not possible to get high long-term accuracy without long electrode life.
4. Other systems require calibration daily or even several times daily to provide high accuracy. Our analyzer gives high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
5. It is fast and easy to calibrate the analyzer, there is no sample head which must be dismantled for calibration.
6. It is easy to install the analyzer and normally no encroachment in the process equipment is needed.