“PHZINC”, the pH analyser for the hydrometallurgical zinc industry.
In the hydrometallurgic zinc industry, the temperatures are high, the solids content is high, the solutions are complex with high ionic strength, pH is in the range of 0.5 to 7 and most processes are precipitation processes.
It is very difficult to measure the pH continuously under such conditions.
There are many types of pH-analysers on the market, including systems with retractable electrodes. The problem is that none of these systems provides the accuracy and stability necessary for effective zinc production.
That is why we have developed pH analysers specifically for the hydrometallurgical zinc industry.
The following properties distinguish our analyser from other known technology:
1. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyser or the electrodes, very low-maintenance.
2. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
3. Very long life of the electrodes, it is not possible to get high long-term accuracy without long electrode life.
4. Other systems require calibration daily or even several times daily to provide high accuracy. Our analyser gives high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
5. It is fast and easy to calibrate the analyser, there is no sample head which must be dismantled for calibration.
6. It is easy to install the analyser and normally no encroachment in the process equipment is needed.