In the zinc industry, the temperatures are high, the solids content is high, the solutions are complex with high ionic strength, the pH is in the range of 0.5 to 7 and most processes are precipitation processes. It is very difficult to measure the pH continuously under such conditions. There are many types of pH analysers on the market, including systems with retractable electrodes. The problem is that none of these systems provides the accuracy and stability necessary for effective zinc production.
That is why we have developed pH analysers specifically for the hydrometallurgical zinc industry.
The following properties distinguish our analyser from other known technology:
1. High short-term and long-term accuracy.
2. Most reliable, infrequent error with the analyser or the electrodes.
3. Other systems require calibration daily or even several times daily to provide high accuracy. Our analysers have high accuracy even with weeks’ interval between calibrations.
4. Very low price compared to other online analysers.
5. Low operating costs, long electrode life, low-maintenance and relatively long intervals between calibrations gives low total operating expenses.